Tuesday, March 12, 2013

90 days at Red Hat!

It was Nov 2012 - I started from San Antonio in the evening (65F) and landed in Raleigh around midnight (35F). I was not sure if I would be able to accommodate to this big change of weather, but to my surprise it was not bad at all.  It is actually very pleasant here except for when it is windy. I love it here - the City of Oaks is just beautiful everywhere, so many trees and all!

I interviewed with Red Hat earlier in 2011 but the company delayed my start due to some reason. I waited for 18 months, exploring other opportunities in the mean time. I did get a few offers, nothing great enough to make the move.  Red Hat came back in Oct 2012 offering me a similar job. It was a pleasant surprise!

And then there I was, my first day at Redhat. I walked in with a proud look in my face because I was finally a part of a very creative and innovative company. It all began together, excitement, fun and learning and it has been that way ever since.

Now its 90 days and counting...

What I like about Red Hat so far!
- A great company with a determined open source mission
- Building world class software
- Open and transparent goals for the company and the employees
- Absolutely flexible work environment
- Employees get to work on what is going to be the technology of the future
- Work never gets bored here - always exciting, interesting, new and challenging
- Get to work with world class IT professionals
- Great global team
- Freedom for employees to express their ideas

I am very happy and excited about my career at Red Hat!

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the policies or views of Red Hat Inc.

2 comments:

  1. neeya zuku... kalakkare... blogging... good u have time for that... remember we started one when we were in siemens? we all kiruks started kirukkalgal... and that was the start and the end of it...
    ok now to moni... moni dont let this guy waste time over blogging... i know how long he can take to draft a mail... he even used to log timesheet entry for that... self-review and peer-review of mail etc... paathu maa....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Kamala, yes I do remember the good old days back in '03. oh you remember that I logged timesheet for preparing client email :) ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete